First attempt to grow Rubber in Bangladesh was made in 1952 when Forest department planted some thousands of seed & budded stamps in chittagong imported from Malaysia & Srilanka.
In 1959 FAO expert investigated the possibilities of producing rubber in large scale & recommended to cultivate Rubber extensively.
In the year 1959 BFIDC (the then EPIDC) was established by the then Govt.
In 1962 Forest Department handed over Rubber Planting Activities to BFIDC.
Under an agreement signed between the Govt. of the then East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) & EPIDC (now BFIDC) on 13-04-1963 & BFIDC was mandated to get forest land on lease to raise Rubber Garden.